Dr Simon Chesney (BSc., DClinPsy)
NHS Consultant Clinical Psychologist. Specialist in working with people who experience a wide variety of complex and chronic adult mental health difficulties. ISST certified schema therapist.
Training, qualifications & experience
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, Canterbury Christ Church University (Salomons Centre for Applied Psychology).
- First Class Hons Psychology (BSc), Brunel University London.
- Registered Practitioner Psychologist (Clinical), Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Member of Association of Clinical Psychologists-UK
- Accredited Schema Therapist, International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST).
- Qualified Systemic Practitioner, Association for Family Therapy & Systemic Practice (AFT).
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, British Isles Intensive DBT Training.
- Clinical Psychology Supervisor Course, Surrey University & Liverpool University.
- Training in working with dissociative conditions and in use of SCID-D.
- Two day training to facilitate and run schema-mindfulness group (Feb 2017)
- Consultant Clinical Psychologist, North-West NHS Mental Health Trust (2012 – present day).
- Honorary Lecturer Clinical Psychology, Liverpool University, Doctoral Clinical Psychology Training Programme (2009 – present day).
- Principal Clinical Psychologist, Enhanced Day Therapies Service, North-West NHS Mental Health Trust (2007-2012).
- Highly Specialist Clinical Psychologist, CMHT, North-West NHS Mental Health Trust (2005-7).
- Specialist Clinical Psychologist, CMHT, London NHS Mental Health Trust (2004-5)